Saturday, February 14, 2015

my responsibility

Casper David Friedrich (1774-1840)
If someone out there in the world googles the terms UFO and OWLS, my name comes up on the top of that list. This means anyone searching for info concerning their own unusual experiences will find me.

Because of this, I've been receiving a lot of amazing owl stories arriving in my email inbox. Presently, it is about one a day. I have made the very real effort to reply to each one of these people, but sometimes it can be hard to keep up. There are stories from what I sense are very sincere people that I haven't contacted. Before I can reply in any meaningful way, there are new owl stories accumulating.

A lot of these emails will begin with a line like this, I've never told anyone about these experiences, but...

Or, they will say that my own work has triggered something in them to contact me. They'll say, I just watched your talk on youtube, and I simply HAD to contact you...

What I'm also getting is an additional weirdness, where folks will describe seeing an owl as they are reading my long format essay (Owls and the UFO Abductee) or while watching my on-line talk. Or, it might come across like this, I was trying to decide whether I should contact you when I saw an owl land on a branch just outside my window.

Each one of these stories are amazing, and they've confirmed that there is something very real happening. What it might be, I don't know, but it is truly is happening.

I am working on a book, and it would be impossible to include all the stories I've amassed. But what has happened is that I am at the point where I can almost feel the patterns that have emerged, and I can address this weird phenomenon in a way I never could have just a few years ago. I can now talk about (or write about) what is at play with an out-and-out certainty. I am certain that owls are playing a role in the mystery, but I still don't know the source.

Please know, I deeply appreciate that people are reaching out to me, and I take this responsibility seriously.

If anyone reading this has sent me an email, I wholeheartedly thank you. If you've sent me a letter and I didn't reply, I apologize. If you have any odd experiences involving owls, I want to hear your story.

Sincerely,
Mike C
_________________________________________________

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just like Christopher walken as Bruce Dickinson said "more cowbell"...

I say, more podcasts.
:)

Rebekah said...

My name is Rebekah I was born in cedar city Utah in 1971 and moved to Washington state about 17 years ago.i have many sightings of owls almost a couple of times a week,and almost all the time someone is with me ,so I know I'm not completly crazy! Also I know I've got implants in me.but have no memory of being abducted,other than having night terrors since I was in diapers.which I only can remember a white round object becoming larger,that causes a fear so unbarrblle I feel like ill die if it does.and a loud noise that sounds like a diesel driving down a highway and a nasty smell ,is all I've ever been able to remember

Rebekah said...

My name is Rebekah I was born in cedar city Utah in 1971 and moved to Washington state about 17 years ago.i have many sightings of owls almost a couple of times a week,and almost all the time someone is with me ,so I know I'm not completly crazy! Also I know I've got implants in me.but have no memory of being abducted,other than having night terrors since I was in diapers.which I only can remember a white round object becoming larger,that causes a fear so unbarrblle I feel like ill die if it does.and a loud noise that sounds like a diesel driving down a highway and a nasty smell ,is all I've ever been able to remember